Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Stitching update

Had a wonderful weekend. Mother's day for us in the UK on Sunday and it was fab! I bought some chocolate croissants for my breakfast on Saturday and DH took DD out on Saturday to get me something whilst I had coffee with a friend in Borders. On Sunday DH heated up the croissants and brought them to me in bed - a first i think!! Then I went downstairs and he had got dd to colour me in a card he had bought from church a couple weeks before. He is learning!! She had bought me these fab wellies lol and a bottle of Angel Perfume by Thierri Mugler.
DSC03509 Went to visit my mum and my brother and my two sisters were all up with hubbies and kids. She loved the biscornu. So that was a nice day all in all.

Stitch wise been a busy bee lately. Can't say everything as some is secret for now. Here's an update of Cheryl's Bouquet. I have done a quarter of it now. This will really be a quick one and its so nice to do.
Cheryl's Bouquet 1/4 done

Been having a browse on ebay for buttons. There are hundreds of them! I had a bag of buttons somewhere but I can't find them since we moved. I really love buttons. I love looking through them and sorting them. It must take me back as a child or something.

Nice night tonight to look forward to. Just bought the new James Bond DVD so me and hubby are going to cuddle up and watch it tonight with some Nachos with cheese and salsa and soured cream and chocolate cake and those scrummy Lindt choccy bullet thingys. Yeah I know, just as I am doing so well with my diet but hey one night off is fine!! So enjoy your stitching week everyone and thanks for reading and commenting and I love new people commenting too. Everyone welcome!
xx

12 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Hazel - please drop me an email at carolsutcliffe@comcast.net and I will send you some links for finishing techniques - biscornu, pinkeep, scissor fob, flat fold.... and you will see how easy they are :-)

Cheryl said...

Ooh i love those wellies!! Your stitching's coming along great too!

Dawn B. said...

sounds like you had a good Mothersday. I do love the colors you are using on your WIP. Thanks for the comment you left me and adding me to your blog roll.

Louanne said...

Those boots are FAB!!!! The WIP for Cheryl is looking gorgeous! I may have to start it myself, yours is looking so greaat! Glad you had a fun Mother's day!

Carolyn said...

Those rain boots are adorable! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend and a great night planned for today! Also, your CB WIP is really coming along quickly - I love the colors you chose. Happy belated Mother's Day to you! :)

stitcherw said...

I'm glad that you had a fun Mother's day. However, your post and all the wonderful food you mentioned (especially the chocolate croissants) really gave me the munchies, LOL.
Cheryl's Bouquet is looking really great, you've gotten a lot done. Have fun watching James Bond.
Sue

Jamie said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. I love the wellies. The stitching is beautiful.

Jenn said...

your wellies are great! It sounds like you had a wonderful Mothers Day.

Sally said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day Hazel. I love those wellies!

Your WIP of Cheryl's Bouquet is looking gorgeous. I'm still waiting on the threads for this one.

Karen's Blog said...

Hi Hazel,

The wellies are wonderful. I love the WIP. The colours are so pretty. Thank you for the kind words about my new Blog template. I'm lucky hubby is in the IT industry as I have no clue when it comes to the technical stuff:)

Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

How sweet of your DH... Chocolate Croissants in bed... yummy! Love your wellies and the perfume sounds devine! :-)

Lovely progress on Cheryl's Bouquet! You are really flying along with this one, Hazel! :-)

The Silver Thistle said...

the progress pics are fab........but I'm especially lovin' those wellies! lol