Sunday, February 14, 2016

What I've been up to...

....which is not very much except lots of stitching!

First up, I finished Their Song by Blackbird Designs. This has been in my "to do" stash for far too long. I used a mix of DMC and the called for hand dyeds. I really like the way it has turned out and looking forward to getting it framed to add to my wall samplers.

I also finished the first block on Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow. I am using DMCs for this and stitching it on Newcastle Sand which looks good. I am quite pleased with the result so far. Now I have the first block finished on Shores and Christmas I really need to get started on the other blocks!

I caved and bought some new stash. I have been wanting this little kit for ages for my bathroom so finally bought it and some fabric which, well, you know, fabric right?

And finally, this is where I am up to on Robin's Song by LHN. I am using the called for hand dyeds on this and it is turning out quite nicely. The fabric is some white jobelan which I really do enjoy stitching on. I don't know why I don't do more on it. So I have nearly finished this first section and looking forward to the next bit. 

Just for fun, I thought I'd post a snap of some brownies I made. I got the recipe off a pupil at school who regularly makes them for the staff. It is my first time making brownies and they were not bad for a first. However, I do think hers are much, much nicer.

Lastly, here's a picture of my cute cats having a cheeky snuggle. They are so fab!

Happy stitching all. I am hoping to get a lot done this week as it is half term but you know how that story goes!