Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Once a month....

It appears my postings are rapidly becoming monthly postings which, I suppose, is better than no postings at all! Life is full and busy and I am quite content with that. I do my best to fit in stitching where I can and so I am pleased to announce two finishes this week! 

The first is My Sheep Hear My Voice by LHN stitched in the given threads on Lambswool linen. 



This was a delight to stitch and it only took me about a week to complete it. I actually enjoyed the Lambswool linen too as much as I have moaned in the past about Permin fabrics being too scratchy. I guess I will stitch on anything. 

Last night I had a very happy celebration as I finally put in the last stitch of Quaker Christmas by Bygone Stitches. This was one of my new year Crazies from 2012! I hadn't stitched on this in such a long time so I started back on it last year and it really came together quite quickly once I set my mind to it. I used Threadworx thread in Wine Castle Red and a green one which i can't remember the name of. The gold is the called for one Olde Gold I think. The fabric is 36ct Vintage Light Exampler by LL which has a gorgeous orangy hue to it. 







So what to stitch next????? I could start something new as I have kitted up a whole load of charts using fabric from my stash. Or, I could be very good and get on with some long outstanding wips. I think I would like to finish the Moira Blackburn one and the Multiplication sampler I started as another Crazy 2012. I will let you know. Happy stitching all. 

28 comments:

Christine said...

Two gorgeous finishes there, congratulations

Jackie's Stitches said...

Congratulations on your gorgeous finishes! Looking forward to seeing what you work on next.

cucki said...

Wow so beautiful...well done x

Vickie said...

Oh I vote for Moira!
My Sheep Hear My Voice and Quaker Christmas are fantastic!

Cole said...

Beautiful finishes!!! I would love to stitch Quaker Christmas, it's gorgeous!

Cindy's Stitching said...

Both are so pretty.

Julie said...

Well done, super finshes

Ali said...

Your finishes are both lovely, you're ahead of the game with your Xmas Quaker finish and I really like the My Sheep one.

butterfly said...


Love the sheep stitching , looks great.

Annette-California said...

Oh Hazel! Congratulations on two beautiful finishes! My Sheep is lovely. And Quaker Christmas is stunningπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–
What a huge accomplishment! love Annette

Carol said...

It's always nice to see your updates no matter how often you post, Hazel. I am down to once or twice a month myself :)

These finishes are just lovely--I especially like Quaker Christmas! Congratulations!!

Angela said...

Congrats on your lovely finishes!

valerie said...

Gorgeous finishes Hazel! They both look fantastic!

Blu said...

Gorgeous finishes! Congrats.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What lovely projects and I am ever so partial to the Quaker Christmas sampler. Good for you. I also enjoyed looking at all the lovely projects in your Christmas post; you do wonderful stitching. I too stitch and crochet...making hexagons presently. Aren't these past times a joy!

Marilyn said...

The LH piece turned out so cute.
Your Quaker Christmas is beautiful!
Marilyn

Andrea said...

Two wonderful finishes. I really like the colours in the LHN piece and your Quaker Christmas is just beautiful.

Le crocette di Mariuccia said...


So cut and nice!! Mariuccia

Margaret said...

I love both your finishes. Beautiful work!

Brigitte said...

You are right, Hazel - once a month is better than nothing at all. I always love to see your projects, no matter, if crochet or cross stitch.
These finishes are both gorgeous. Great job!

Sara said...

Beautiful work Hazel! My posts are about monthly too- so much to do with work, kids and stitching it's hard to fit more in but I sure do miss them if I don't!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Two beautiful finishes. I'm impressed that 'The sheep hear my voice' only took you a week to stitch.

Louise said...

Both finishes are beautiful Hazel!

Jeanne said...

Yes Hazel, monthly is better than no blogging at all. I miss so many of our stitching bloggers who have stopped so please stay with us! I remember when your daughter was just a baby so I've been following you a long time Hazel. Congrats on your LHN finish and your Quaker Christmas - fantastic pieces! At one time I had plans to do Quaker Christmas but I decided I didn't need another huge unfinished project so I sold off the pattern. I'm trying to finish up Emblem of Love which is keeping me busy enough LOL. It really feels great when you complete an older project and lift that weight off your shoulders!

Karoline said...

Congratulations on your finishes! Quaker Christmas is gorgeous and My Sheep hear my Voice is very cute

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gorgeous work on your Christmas Quaker, it's such a great design. I'd keep it out all year round!

Sally said...

I am catching up a little Hazel! You have two very beautiful finishes!

stitcherw said...

Voice was such a sweet finish, love the little sheep especially on it. Quaker Christmas was an AWESOME finish, love all the different motifs and the over all design. The coloring is striking to, what a gorgeous finish, totally jealous!