Tuesday, August 04, 2015

The One I Nearly Forgot!

Firstly, I would like to thank each and every one of you who took time to comment on my last post. I read each and every one and the messages about my DD truly warmed my heart. Thank you thank you. xxxx

As I was sorting through lots of stitching finishes the other day I realised I had not blogged my finish on Snow Garden by Blackbird Designs. I can't believe I didn't show this one. This was gifted to me (threads included) by my lovely stitching sister Tracy.



I went with the vintage Country Mocha fabric from Belfast linen 32 count but some of the stitches look very pale. I notice that a lot of these designs turn out quite differently from each other depending on the colour run of the hand dyeds. 

You might have noticed the initials I have used on the left hand side. These are T for Tracy, L for Lesley and T for Tina (no blog) - my best three stitching buds and you will also notice the three Ws - they look a little like birds - these stand for World Wide Web as I met my three stitching buds through the WWW! So this first piece of the AotH series is dedicated to these three sisters. Cheers to you guys!

I have been busy with my August goals completing not just one CCN ornie but two! 

A Christmas Birdhouse


Merry Merry


These were fun to stitch and didn't take long. 

Today I got this through the post. I had entered Vickie's giveaway for the Travelling Pattern and I am next in line. I have to stitch it and then pass it on to somebody else to stitch and round and round it goes, connecting us all together into a kind of stitching sisterhood. So do look out for that post when I have stitched it. 


So, that's a quick update from me. I will be  going to the Nimble Thimble meet up on Saturday and I can't wait to see everyone again and have a lovely quiet day of stitching. I am not sure what to take to stitch as part of me thinks I should take the opportunity to start something new. I have many charts ready to start that I want to stitch but I do want to get some stuff finished as well. 

I will let you know what I decide soon. 

Please help yourself to a shortbread biscuit! 


Pop back again soon! 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

20 comments:

Vickie said...

Your BBD is lovely. So glad the traveling pattern arrived safely. mmm. Shortbread.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your selection of the Country Mocha linen for the AotH block was a great one! It looks fabulous with the lighter/softer threads. All of your finishes are lovely!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Beautiful stitching! Love the BBD piece, especially. Mmmmmm, I love shortbread and your cookies look wonderful!

BTW, your DD is absolutely darling with her new haircut. I love it!

Linda said...

Congrats on the lovely finishes Hazel.

Linda

Tina said...

Awwwww im honoured to be in the first square,so thoughtful. Love the two new ornaments and yes please,love shortbread.
Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday and eating Pavlova xx

Berit said...

I especially love Christmas Birdhouse and those biscuits! o(^▽^)o

Everything here is looking really great!

andamento said...

Love the Christmas ornaments and I could really go a shortbread biscuit right now. Or any time really. Mmmm!

Sheryl said...

Beautiful stitching. Love the Xmas designs and lovely pale threads of the other piece. I have just made a coffee so will help myself to your yummy shortbread. thank you.

Carol said...

Both Christmas finishes are so cute, Hazel--I just love making ornaments, too. Your BBD piece is great on that fabric and the shortbreads look delightful :)

Christine said...

The BBD finish is gorgeous and I love the Christmas birdhouse

Anna van Schurman said...

Love how Snow Garden came out. The edges look lacy. {Swipes yummy cookie}

Julie said...

Lovely BBD finish Hazel, such pretty muted colours in it.
Have fun at NT at the weekend.

Margaret said...

Love your BBD finish. Great stitching! And the cookies -- yum!

Annette-California said...

Oh how beautiful! Love the look of the country mocha fabric for snow garden. Lovely Christmas stitches. Your heart shortbread, oh yes please! love Annette

Stitchhappy said...

Beautiful stitching! I especially love the personalizations you did on this piece, those are the things that show the extra love being stitched into it and make it more precious. Thanks for sharing!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Snow Garden is beautiful. I love the colours you have chosen for this design and the personalisation too.
I stitched the Travelling Pattern some time ago. Look for my name if there is still a sheet of paper with it!

Kay said...

I do love your Blackbird Designs stitching, they are my favourite designers and I love to see how the designs show up differently on different fabrics and colours. x

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Your BBD finish is beautiful, so delicate and fine on that fabric 💜!

Wainwright and Wright.Co said...

Your snow garden is beautiful - I love the pale colours. You are sooo productive!
Caz xx

Brigitte said...

Choosing the right fabric for the January Anniversary wasn't easy. I love your choice and on the picture all the pale colours come out great. Very lovly ornaments.