Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Reflecting....

So very sad to find out the news that Wink has passed away. I'm a bit behind with blogging news so this was a real shock to read. Her sister wrote a post on her blog which you can read here. She was a beautiful woman and a real inspiration to so many people. It is sad that depression got her in the end. 

So I am just sitting here, reflecting; thinking about life stuff and appreciating and counting my blessings. Depression has, and still does to some extent, played a role in my life and I thank my God that I am still here today. I am grateful for the few true friends I have that have stayed with me through the tough times and whenever I have felt alone and lost. 

God bless you lovely people. Don't ever be alone. If you ever feel alone, you know you can always email me to talk or shout or cry or scream or whatever you need to do. I am here for you. For what it's worth.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

12 comments:

Eight by Six said...

that's so very very sad. It takes great courage to end your own life and a very beautiful person is gone but not forgotten.

Julie said...

Very sad, such a talented lady.

Vickie said...

I knew nothing of Wink til just now. How very, very sad. Oh my.

Poppypatchwork said...

Every life lost is sad, and for someone to take their own it hard to bear, we are a community here in blog land, it's just a shame it was not enough for her.

Margaret said...

I read about Wink a while ago due to following people on instagram. My life has also been touched by depression -- a couple of family members had it. Thankfully we've pulled them all through it. I was so saddened to hear about Wink despite not even knowing who she was. Depression is a terrible thing for anyone to deal with.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Hugs.... Sounds lilKw you could use one.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Depression and loneliness is a terrible struggle. Loosing those we love leaves a big empty place in our hearts.

Sally said...

I did not know Wink but this has saddened me so much as I have suffered with depression myself and lived with people who have and have tried to take their own life ( my Mum ).

Shari said...

very well said Hazel.......

Sheryl said...

So sad, anxiety and depression seem to touch a lot of women. I lost a girlfriend through this.

barbara said...

It's been seven years since the last time I was in treatment for depression. It plays a role in my life every single day. When I am feeling well, I give a nervous tip of my hat to my depression because without having experienced such depths, would I find such joy in small things that other people seem to overlook? And on days that are harder, I look a little more directly at my depression and remind both of us that I have walked through dark places before and, if need be, will again. Simple genuine kindnesses help all of us, and sometimes just making it through the next five minutes is enough. To those we've lost to depression, I hope there is some way you can know that your struggle and your bravery really were noticed. <3

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So sorry for the loss of your fellow blogger. Not being a crocheted I did not have the pleasure of reading her blog. I think it's nice that it will be there are as a reminder of her life for a while.