Sunday, April 22, 2012

April WIPocalypse and catch up

Not much stitching to show for having been away for over a month - blogwise I mean! Here is where I am at with Bouquets - slowly but surely. I was hoping to get it finished by tonight but I have had so much on my mind at the moment, my mojo has just disappeared completely! If you find it, please send it back to me. Thanks.Here's my wipocalypse for April then. Sorry it's a bit late!



So so close to finishing this sucker! Go go go!!!! I want to start another Sampler Girl one. 

Thank you so much for all your kind comments on my last post and the lovely emails and messages you have sent me. You really are the world's dearest friends! I have been up and down and they say time is the greatest healer but I am not so sure of that one. I am working things through one day at a time. 

A special Thank You to Karen from My 4 Lil Girls for this amazing gift to cheer me up. I bought one of Karen's bags from her last year and I love it! These are just perfect additions. I know I am a little late in publicly acknowledging this but Thank You Karen from the bottom of my heart. xxxxx

A Tissue Holder:


A Patchwork cushion cover:


A Patchwork Heart:


Some good news is that I have an interview for a job on Friday. I had prayed about going back to work as littlest starts school in September. I had prayed that a job would "come to me" and that I wouldn't feel stressed about trying to find something. Well, something did come to me. The Deputy head of an independent Christian School not too far from me had also been praying about a position needing filled and my name had dropped into his mind. I am certain that I am right for that job. It means also that my children will be able to attend it as well which is a bonus as fees are expensive. (Not as expensive as other private schools but still expensive to me!) So I have had to think about getting my teaching head in gear as I haven't used it properly in a good few years. Saying that, I have been doing a little bit of tutoring this year so I am half way there already I guess. For those of you who don't know, I am trained as a secondary English teacher. Crafting has definitely taken a back seat this last month. 

Hubby and I managed to get away this month as well. The first time we have been away on our own without the children in about 3 years!!! Thanks to my dearest friends Michelle and Mark who kindly ran them ragged for us. We decided to head Northwards and went and stayed in a quaint place called Alston - north east of Cumbria along the Penines. The Pub we stayed in was small and cosy and all the locals seemed to appear that night. Everyone was warm and friendly and the food was delish. All local and home cooked etc. Log fire burning. You get the idea. We stayed at The Angel Inn which I would highly recommend. The next day we went a walking around a few local places which did us the world of good. Just wish we could get a few more of these times away. Hubby is working away now for a good few weeks so it's home alone time for moi. Here are some snaps of where we stayed and visited. 

















Well, that's me although I do have a book review to do - which will be a giveaway and also Yiota from Yiota's Cross Stitch has also asked me to do a giveaway from her so please look out for those posts coming very, very soon. Much love to all my readers and commenters. 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

33 comments:

Giovanna said...

Well your sampler is looking beautiful, and I hope your mojo comes back soon to finish it :-) Glad you had a nice break, and all the best for your job interview.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Good Luck on the job interview on Friday - I have no doubt that you'll do well!

I've been thinking of you and hope things are going better. I'm not sure that time takes away all the pain but I do think it means we manage it a bit better. Hugs.

Margaret said...

Your WIP looks gorgeous -- love the colors! Seems like a lot of us have lost our mojo due to various circumstances. I'm working hard to get mine back. I will hope that you get that teaching job -- sounds perfect in so many ways. And good for you and your DH for getting away by yourselves for a while.

Kelly said...

Glad to see you back, have missed your posts! Your trip looks lovely, praying for your new job! ♥

Anonymous said...

Hello

Your sampler is looking beautiful!
Lovely photos of your time away, nice to hear you enjoyed it.
Congraqtulations on your new job too.

Anonymous said...

Sorry meant to say Congratulations on getting an interview and best of luck with it!

Carol said...

Lovely to see you back, Hazel--sounds like things are really looking up for you... Do hope the job interview goes well--it sure sounds like a perfect match...

Your stitching is as pretty as always!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

I have no doubt your interview on Friday will go well! It sounds like it was meant to be.

Your WIP is gorgeous and I am looking forward to your finish and your new SG start.

Looks like a nice getaway with your DH.

Aunty Bee said...

The sampler is looking beautiful. I'm crossing my fingers and toes for your job interview and a few prayers never hurt. The break sounds lovely, nice to have time without the children.

Deborah said...

You will get your mojo back! Good luck on the job interview. A getaway is always a wonderful thing. Yours sounded lovely. Love the wip. Beautiful colors.

Christine said...

Your sampler is lovely and your break sounds wonderful.
Good luck with the job interview

Chris said...

Beautiful progress. I totally understand when you are ready to finish up a project because you want to start something else.
What a lovely getaway. I love the pics.
Wishing you luck on the job front!

Julie said...

SAB is so beautiful, I saw Tina's at the weekend, wondering now why I didn't join the SAL when it started, too many nice things, not enough time lol.

Lovely pic of you and hubby, how lovely to finally have some quality time away together, I hope you manage a few more of these times, even if just an evening out with a babysitter at home for you.

Much love xxx

Sherry said...

Good luck on the interview! It looks like you and DH had the perfect get a way! Love the sampler and all the beautiful colors.

Loraine said...

You poor dear friend. I know it's been forever since I have been reading and commenting on several blogs. It just takes so much time. Whatever hurt you are going through, I pray it will get better.
Love your beautiful sampler, and I hope you find the energy and desire to finish it soon.
Great pictures of you and your hubby. The food looks yummy!
Hurray on finding a great job. Lot's of good blessings to look forward too.
Hugs to you!

Vickie said...

So glad you popped back in Hazel. Good for you two getting away. It has been years for my husband and I also. Congrats on the job. :)

Louise said...

Hazel, this post has made me smile! It is so good to hear from you again on your blog. I have truly missed your posts. Your sampler is absolutely gorgeous. I am so glad you had the chance to get away for much needed time. I am so happy for you with the job! Working with God's little one's is such a blessing. I used to work in a school and loved it very much.
Blessings to you my friend!
Louise

stitchersanon said...

Once a teacher, always a teacher and I always found classroom teaching more fun and easier then one to one teaching. Good luck xx
Love the colours on the sampler, it will be great to see it finished!

my4lilgirls said...

Hazel send some of those chips my way!!!!!!!
Looks like a great time away, you deserve it girl :)
Lots of love Karen x
ps....giant pack of mojo is in the post x

Kay said...

Good luck with the interview. Your stitchin glooks fabulous, I love the way the colours work together.

Deb said...

Your sampler is looking wonderful. I hope that your mojo comes back. It's no fun when nothing appeals to you.

Good luck with your interview!!

valerie said...

Good luck on your job interview! How exciting! And it sounds like you and your DH had a nice little getaway. Good for you! Great progress on your sampler and gifties!

Veronica said...

I hope you find your mojo soon. Bouquets is looking lovely. Beautiful gifts from Karen.

Good luck on the job interview. I hope everything goes smoothly.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Chris said...

Lovely to see you blogging again and to see your sampler progress. And great news about the job, God is good!
Still praying for you every day
Blessings

Chrisx

Maggie O said...

That stitching is delish!! All the best with the new job "teach". New beginnings and happy times.

Sally said...

Your sampler is looking so pretty.

Good luck for your job interview:)

Stitchabilities said...

Good Luck with the job!!
Hugs!!

Siobhán said...

Your sampler looks great, Hazel! I am glad that you & Dh got a chance to go away--lucky you! It looks like a nice little place, too--very quaint.

Best of luck with the job--it sounds ideal!

Elisa said...

Wonderful post Hazel, glad all is getting better for you. Looks like a great time away and all the best for the interview xx

Patty C. said...

Beautiful wip

Catherine said...

Pretty stitches! Good luck with the interview!

Valentina said...

I love your Sampler aux Bouquets! Good luck for you job interview!

Brigitte said...

That was certainly a very nice and cosy place you were staying at with your husband. And such wonderful surroundings. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
I hope that everything went well with your job interview. And I also hope that your stitching mojo will come back to your as fast as possible. There's not too much left on that great WIP ...