Thursday, April 09, 2009

Can I take a moment to moan?

I don't like moaning in general, it's so miserable for the recipient to have to sit and listen to it but it's my blog and my place to moan right?? It's Easter hols here in the UK and that means two weeks off for the kids at school. So what do I find at the start of the week but red, nasty, poxy sores over my baby boy. Over his bottom, his tummy, his back, his face, his head. Pretty much everywhere. He isn't "covered" in spots but they are everywhere if you know what I mean. So.... chicken pox. We can't go out with him as it's at the contagious stage. DH has been going up and down the country every day so I can't get out and poor Lils can't do much but entertain herself in the house either. What a miserable holiday! My only hope is that he will be fine by next week and Lily doesn't catch it. I don't know if she has had it before. I remember her getting a few poxy looking spots on her ankle but it didn't spread but she has never caught it from contagious peeps since then so I am hoping she will be okay. So I am holding out for next week. I just feel so housebound and bored and miserable.

Anyhow, I have managed to work on my BP this month and have completed three more motifs. My aim is to do ten motifs every three months and that way I will have it finished by the end of the year which will be nice. I am so far on target! Without further ado...

DSC04625

April progress

I have also stitched something for the birthday exchange. I had chosen something but then I changed my mind about it so I hope the recipient likes what I have stitched. I would show it as I don't think the recipient is a blog reader of mine but you can never be too sure can you and also I haven't "finished" it yet. So it may be a while before I can show this one.

So I can now work on something else so I guess it will be th enext ornie for the christmas ornie challenge. I am doing the Cranberry Christmas ornies from PS and I am not "finishing"them till I have stitched them all which in my opinion, looks a bit crap as I post up my pics. But Hey, they'll look good when they are all finished nicely and in the same way. I also need to start my next pif. Unfortunately for my recipients I am doing the same designs so I can't show them till I have stitched them all otherwise the surpise element will be lost.

Okay just a last pic to cheer me up, my lovely children just before I fount the dratted spots! Elijah with his first whole apple ;-)

DSC04623

Have a blessed Easter and don't eat too many eggs!




33 comments:

Tracy Dixon said...

Sending hugs for Elijah and Lily, your BP is looking fab Mrs you are doing really well, sorry your not getting about much this easter

Loraine said...

So sorry about the Chicken Pox. Pure misery! Do they not immunize for that where you live? I was so happy to not have to go through that with my children.
Lovely sampler. I do hope you get more stitching done since you have to stay home!

Patricia Lessell said...

Sending hugs for Elijah and Lily too. This is chicken pox season unfortunately and thankfully he hasn't got them everywhere if you know what I mean. I hope he gets scabs soon and then he and Lily can go out again. Have a lovely Easter. Patti xxx

Unknown said...

Awww...sorry about the chicken pox. My oldest got them several years ago and my youngest got them last year, even though she had the chicken pox shot when she was little. Your sampler is lovely, can't wait to see it finished! I'm housebound, but for different reasons!

Take care~

Susimac said...

Oh poor Elijah but at least he's got them young and will get over them quick, I hope Lily doesn't catch them too.

Love your sampler and I'm looking forward to seeing your latest finishes.

Marsha said...

Your children are gorgeous! Sorry to hear about the 'pox'. I remember the first holiday none of my three children were ill with anything - it felt like a miracle. Beautiful stitching too.

Anonymous said...

What a shame about the chicken pox - I hope Elijah is better soon and you can get out and about over the holiday.

Your BP sampler is looking gorgeous, such beautiful colours!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Sending ((hugs)) hope your spotty time is over soon, Happy Easter to you all x x x

Cheryl said...

Oh poor Elijah. Hope he gets better soon. Rubbish being trapped indoors.
Love that picture of the kids. They're gorgeous!
BP is looking great, well done you being on target

Deb said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the Chicken Pox. Of all the times for that to happen. Isn't that the way? Hopefully, the contagious stage will end before the holiday is over so that you can do some things. I love your sampler and can't wait to see more progress.

Karan said...

Hope Elijah gets through the contagious stage quickly so you can have a much better week 2. Lovely family pic. BP is looking gorgeous. :0)

Julie said...

Awww poor baby and poor mummy too.
BP looks fab well done, mines not been out the bag this month yet.
I just heard they are forecasting rain this weekend so we'll all be joining you in 'cabin fever' i think!!!
{{big hug}}

Rowyn said...

Awww, your kids are gorgeous. Sorry to hear Elijah has chickenpox - and especially at Easter. Being housebound is no fun.

BP is looking stunning!

nutmegg said...

Oh Hazel what terrible timing,if you can have a safe and happy Easter and I hope all gets better soon...Margaret

Cindy said...

I hope your little one is feeling better soon!

I just love the colors that you are using on your sampler. And, I really like your plan to break it down into manageable stages!

Kathy A. said...

You bet hon. Pick a seat and moan away. Poor little darlings. I hope they are better soon.
Your sampler is coming along beautifully and will be gorgeous with those thread colors

Olga said...

Sorry to hear about the Chicken Pox. Hope your little one gets well very soon.
You've done pretty stitching on BP sampler.

Sara said...

Sorry to hear about the chicken pox! Hope you have a nice, quiet Easter and no one else gets it.

Karin said...

I hope your little one feels better soon! Chicken Pox are not fun. Have a great Easter weekend.

Pam said...

I hope Elijah feel better and that Lily does not get it. I hate when the kids are sick for a holiday. I think it ruins it for them, when for the most part they are happy as long as they can play. Have a happy Easter!

Sally said...

Aww poor Elijah. I hope he gets better quickly and Lily does not get them.

Your BP is looking lovely. I haven't stitched on mine this month yet.

Carmen said...

so sorry for the chicken pox.sending hugs for all. take care.

glamlawlib said...

Really sorry to hear about the chicken pox, that's nasty and a shame it's keeping you in.

Lovely photo of your BP, gorgeous colours.

Cute photo I hope your Lily doesn't catch it, hugs to {Elijah}.

Anonymous said...

You moan away, that does not sound like fun for any of you! Hope you'll all have fun anyway and Elijah perks up soon. BP is looking lovely!! Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter!!
Your BP is looking great.
Sorry about the chicken pox.

dany said...

Je t'embrasse bien fort et te souhaite un bon weekend de Pâques !

Sonda said...

Sorry to hear about the chicken pox. It will hopefully be over soon though and back out into the world you will go! Lovely stitching on BP and, of course, cute little kiddos.

Brigitte said...

You are doing really great on your Beatrix, it looks gorgeous.
I'm so sorry about te chicken pox. They always come at the most inconvenient moment. So sorry that you are hosuebound. Let's hope that the worst will be over next week. That's a wonderful picture of your children!

mainely stitching said...

Both Nicky AND Rowen came down with chicken pox when we were on vacation down near the Belgium border 2 years ago. What a holiday THAT was!!!! We won't soon forget it! Hope that Elijah will soon be past the contagious stage and that you'll be able to laugh about this in the future. ;)

Sharon said...

So sorry to hear that Hazel. I hope that things are better now. But how miserable that was I am sure. Your BP is simply divine. I love it.

Angela said...

Hope the chicken pox has cleared up by now.

If your weather was like mine it loooks like the first week of the holidays was the one to spend indoors anyway.

Ruth said...

Oh Hazel I'm so sorry! Any less stressed now? The contagion has not run rampant through the house I hope? Tell me please you're outside having fun!

Beatrix is looking beautiful!

Hearty Bakes said...

Hugs to you Hazel.Sorry to hear Elijah chicken pox.Hope she's feeling better now and get to spend sometime outdoor.
You take care too!