Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My news and some patchwork

Okay some of you may have already guessed it clever peeps but here's my news. I'm pregnant! Only 7 weeks so early days. Wanted to wait till I'd seen the midwife before announcing it to the world! There are still a lot of people I havent told yet. Feel pretty sick and miserable which is why I haven't been on here for a while. I am thinking how much stitching time I have got between now and when the baby comes, due January 08. And how much stash I have collected up and will I ever get any of it finished. So I am wanting to try and focus on finishing some projects starting with Patchwork. Although saying that I have just signed up for the new Quaker SAL on the yahoo group Martina Weber one. And I have also seen this
Inspiration Rosewood Manor on thread bear which I think is quite unusual and I have also been browsing the Scarlet Letter at all their gorgeous repro samplers. Just not ennough time now perhaps.

Onto Patchwork, I love all the colours I am putting together on this. I am tring not to get any that are too samey but it's a difficult job as the motifs are many and varied. Here is my progress. It is very addictive once you start it.
Patchwork may 07

I ended up making the little heart into a pinkeep but mine never seem to look as good as some as your ones that i see. Practice makes perfect. I have met my May goals except the new start one unless you call the red heart a new start.

It's my birthday next week and my hubby has just surprised me with a trip to Paris - 3 nights!! We are going to take our dd to Disneyland. I know she will love it. In all our 8 years of marriage we have never been abroad together. In fact the last and only time I went abroad was when I was 15 years old!! To Bavaria. So it is quite a big thing for me. I just hope I won't feel too sick or panicky. I figure this may be our last chance to go for a while at least. Hopefully not another 8 years!!

Thanks for reading. When I stop feeling so sick I'll be able to stay on a little longer and get through some of all your posts. Have a good week. xx

22 comments:

Alberta said...

Congratulations on the happy news!

stitcherw said...

Wow, you are just full of news. Congratulations on your upcoming new baby, and have a ton of fun on your trip. Patchwork is looking wonderful, the colors are so pretty.
Sue

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Congratulations! The addition to any family is always a happy event! Our Patchwork is lovely :)
And I am starting the Inspiration peice this week (the one you have a picture posted of...) I think it is beautiful :)
Take care!

Tracy Dixon said...

Congratulations sorry for the delay in e-mailing you I have sent pic, I am loving your patchwork the colours are looking stunning, have you told Lily yet is she excited about having a baby brother or sister

Nicole said...

Congratulations!! Hope your morning sickness doesn't last too long! I know what a pain it can be! Hope you have a very healthy and uneventful pregnancy!

Sharon said...

Congratulations Hazel! What wonderful news. I love the patchwork sampler. I may have to get that. You have chosen some great colors!

Dawn T. said...

Congrats!! I hope the morning sickness goes away soon:)

Louanne said...

Best Wishes Hazel!!!
Patchwork looks great! Early Happy Birthday, girl! Paris, how exciting! Have fun!

Sue said...

Congratulations and your patchwork looks great ;)

cathymk said...

Congratulations!! What fantastic news!

Patchwork is looking marvellous!

Have fun in Paris!

Cheryl said...

I thought that might be the news! Congratulations Hazel!

Barbara J said...

Congratulations Hazel! Must be a happy time.

Love that Patchwork, what a colour riot!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Your patchwork looks great and have fun in Paris :)

Carol said...

Yay Hazel!!! Congratulations!!!!! And.. your Patchwork Sampler is looking so pretty too!!

Carla said...

Congratulations!!!!

Stephanie said...

Hazel congratulations - I had wondered where you had gotten to! Wonderful news, and a wonderful birthday gift for you as well!

Sally said...

Congratulations Hazel! I hope your sickness subsides soon. Have a fantastic trip!

Patchwork is looking gorgeous.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Julie said...

Congratulations on the good news!
A friend emailed me a newsletter from a LNS in Arizona. In that newsletter was a picture of the Jan Houtman Patchwork Sampler. I immediately fell in love! I'm nuts to even consider it as I'm stitching And They Sinned, the Inspiration pattern you mention and several others! Sadly, I can't view your pictures from my work computer so I'll check them out at home soon. Are you using the suggested thread colors?
Congratulations again, Julie

Karin said...

Congrats on the new addition! Your stitching is coming along wonderfully.

Anita said...

Congrats on the new baby. Take good care of yourself. Your trip to Paris sounds wonderful, have a great time. Your patchwork piece is stunning and I love the colors.

Susimac said...

Oh wow CONGRATULATIONS on your wonderful baby news.

Have a great break away and enjoy your trip.

Jamie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I was hoping this is what the news was. I love babies, love them, love them. Can't wait to hear and see all the updates. The patchwork is beautiful. I may have to put this on a wish list.