Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Mill Hill Buttons and Beads kit finished!

If you remember I began an SAL not so long ago to stitch one of the Mill Hill Buttons and Beads kits. A few of us joined in and a board was set up over at Needlecraft Haven. Well, here is the result of my efforts. I absolutely adore this. I really am amazed at how gorgeous this little kit was to make and finish. I have enjoyed every single stitch of it. I have tried my best to capture the sparkle and magic but the camera just doesn't do it justice. I have tried to take pictures of it from various angles so this is what I managed to snap. As you can see, I bought the frame for it and just went with the plain blue one but there are so many different frames to go with these designs.
 
 
The amount of beading was immense. I broke a beading needle and think I ripped a tiny part of the design at one point which you can't see so my big tip is that when you do the beads on this design, just thread one strand through the needle and then double the thread instead of trying to thread two strands through.
 
 
The beads were placed in all sorts of different ways; the hardest to place being the petite beads as you have to stitch through them twice. Quite tricky but doable.
 
 
I have really tried to capture the sparkle that the beads show. They are truly awesome in real life especially in the evening when you catch reflections of the lamp.
 
 
Framing it brought another little problem as there are no catches on the back of the frame to hold the design in place so my husband very kindly making taped it neatly down. Voila!
 
A lovely project and I would definitely do another.

20 comments:

Tina said...

Well done,it looks fab!

Lovely and sparkly xx

Vickie said...

This IS a lovely project! You captured the beads well in photographs. :)

Margaret said...

It's beautiful! I love all the close up pictures -- couldn't see the detail otherwise. I love it!

Blu said...

Very pretty! I bet it looks stunning in person.

Brenda A said...

Oh very nice!!!

Rowyn said...

Beautiful!

Karen said...

Very pretty!

Christine said...

That is gorgeous!

VeggieMummy said...

Well done; it's really lovely and just a little bit Christmasy! I'm not sure I would ever have the patience to complete one, though I'd love to try. x

Louise said...

So very beautiful Hazel! ❤️

Just-Do said...

So beautiful! I can imagine the sparkling at night; kind of a winterwonderland.

cucki said...

Wow it's so beautiful xxx

Annette-California said...

So beautiful & elegant! It's stitched on perforated paper? If so, did you just hold the paper while stitching? I was thinking - no embroidery hoop right? love what you stitched. love Annette

Stitchabilities said...

Oh pretty!!

valerie said...

Very pretty! I have this one in my stash and should pull it out to see if I can finish it before Christmas! :)

Jeanne said...

Congrats on a lovely finish Hazel! I have many of these Buttons & Beads kits in my stash but haven't had time to stitch them yet. They have so many cute ones! I was lucky this year to visit The Silver Needle in Oklahoma and they have a big wall of those kits with a stitched model of every one. It was totally overwhelming, I wanted every one!

Sally said...

Oh wow, Hazel, that is so pretty!

Karoline said...

Lovely finish, congratulations

stitcherw said...

Gorgeous finish, I love how those kits turn out, but have never been able to deal with the beading they need, I really admire people who can. I'll bet when the light strikes the beads it does glisten and sparkle beautifully.

Cheryll said...

OMG that is beautiful! What a gorgeous hanger you'll have this Christmas.