Friday, August 22, 2014

Drumroll please................

 
 The names were written.........
 
 
My special helper was employed..........
 
 
And the winner is Cucki!!! Yay well done Cucki. Please forward me your address details. I am off to think about a nice little something to send to you. Thanks to all who entered. I wish I could send you all something.
 
Meanwhile, I have finished my first block of Shores. I absolutely love how this is turning out.
 
 
I did have a slight dilemma with the face though. I don't particularly like faces on suns and so I ummed and ahhed a long time before deciding to just keep the face on. I think there is another block with the face on the sun as well.
 
I still need to do a Cornwall post and a London trip post as well now. I am off to visit my dear friend Tracy next week so I am sure to have some stitchy progress to show.
 
Till then friends, happy stitching and crafting.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

14 comments:

Vickie said...

Congratulations to Cucki!
What a lovely first block Hazel.:)

Angela said...

Congratulations Cucki! Love the first block, including the face on the sun :)

Brigitte said...

A great first block of Shores. I'm sure you are completely addicted to this wonderful project now.
Congratulations to Cucki.

Andrea said...

Well done Cucki. A great first block.

Anonymous said...

Hello

Just found your lovely blog.
Your stitching and crochet are beautiful.

Happy weekend (:

Deanne J said...

Congratulations Cucki.

Great start on Shores

cucki said...

Woohoo I am so happy :)
Thank you dear..
I love your block..so pretty
Well done ..hugs xx

Jackie's Stitches said...

Great start on Shores! I've never thought about faces on suns before.

Congrats to Cucki!

Julie said...

Congrats to Cucki
A super first block on Shores.

Annette-California said...

Congratulations to dear Cucki - I'm so happy for her. And congrats on finishing your block on Shores. Beautiful!!! love Annette

Karoline said...

Congratulations to Cucki :)

Your shores is looking lovely, congratulations on finishing the first block

Heidi Kuijer said...

Hi Hazel! Boy has it been a long time since I have read your blog. As you, I have not been blogging much. We had an emotional time after loosing our new kitten and it seems to have sent me into a tailspin. My heart has had to be stitched back together. I have been busy with crocheting, quilting and stitching but not posting about it.

Your Shores block is beautiful! I love those designs and have had one is my stash which is totally neglected. Partly your fault...lol...for getting me so hooked (pardon the pun) on crochet. :-)

Hugs from Holland,
Heidi

Sally said...

Congratulations Cucki!

Love your block on Shores.

Stitchabilities said...

Glad to see you blogging again, I look forward to reading more xx