Wednesday, January 07, 2009

ABC exhange and do I really want to do this???

Another successfull exchange has been completed. Becky got her Biscornu that I made.

DSC04412

DSC04413

Mary's Pin pillow
Indigo Rose

I love the over one alphabet around the edge! I beleive Becky liked this.

And I got this spectacular piece in the post today from Mama Joan. Thanks Joan, I absolutely love it and it is finished so perfectly too. It is a little round box with the alphabet on top and she has lined the inside with some gorgeous abc fabric too. Joan says she cannot remember who the designer is which is a shame as it is so pretty.

DSC04430

ABC exchange from Joan round box top

And now onto the "Do I really want to do this?" question. I have decided that I am going to give this UFO to my dad to work on. It has about 50 pages in total and as much as I love it, I just know that I am not going to get round to completing it. I am going to suggest to my dad that we could even work on it a page each and pass it back and forth. My Dad stitches. He is super quick and although he has never done anything like the size of this, I know he will be up for the challenge. So I discussed it with my dad and he agreed to have a go at it but when it came to pulling it out of the cupboard, my heart just sank at the thought of giving this away. But I know I have to let it go. Here was the last pic taken in May 2007!!!! I have not touched it since. It is a beautiful picture - quite stunning.

Half Sick of Shadows May update

I will let you know the outcome, but right now I need to go to the post office and get a mighty big envelope to put it all in.

Happy stitching everyone. xx

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

But... you're not giving it away...are you? You mentioned passing it backwards and forwards between yourself and your Dad, so you'll still get to stitch on it. I say go for it, if your Dad is up to helping you with it.

Lovely exchanges, both are very pretty!

Autumn said...

That's a really cool idea to do with your dad. It'll make it a really special piece.

Carla said...

Beautiful ABC exchanges!! The biscornu you made for Becky is gorgeous!!
I think you're idea of stitching this big piece with your dad...go for it!
Happy New Year!!

DovilÄ— said...

I like this biscornu you made for Becky:)

imnverted said...

Beautiful exchanges! I love the idea of passing the project between you and your dad.

Mylene said...

Both exchanges are beautiful!!

That is sure a very big piece and looking beautiful.

Julie said...

Lovely exch sent and rec, very pretty.

How lovely to be working on a piece together, it think that will make it more special to oyu both and also it might encourage you to do your piece before giving it back. A family RR LOL

Angela said...

I think passing the piece back and forth is a wonderful idea. Rather than you both getting bogged down in doing it you'll both get to enjoy stitching it and provide eachother with an incentive for doing your page. The only problem I see is when the piece is completed who will get to keep it lol.

Beautiful exchange pieces.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I just love your UFO Piece...she is so pretty and I am so glad that your Dad is helping you with this. I would not give this one away at all...I would keep it for myself after you and your Dad get's it completely finished.

I can't wait til I see more progress on this. What is the name of this big piece?

Take care & Happy Stitching

Kathy A. said...

I love your biscornu! The little tassels at the corners make it really special. How cool is that to work on a piece with your father.

staci said...

Can I send your dad some of my UFO's??? LOL!

Lucy said...

wow...your dad stitches...how cool is that! You'll have to show some pics of his work!!

Ranae said...

Beautiful biscornu.
I think that is a terrific idea, what a special heirloom it will be one day.. if you decide to let him help you.

Laura said...

I think it is wonderful that both you and your Dad can stitch on this piece. It will be gorgeous. I love your ABC exchanges also. That little box is so cute.

glamlawlib said...

Lovely exchanges, sent and received!

I think it's a great idea to share the work with your Dad, who will get to hang it on their wall though?!

Sara said...

I think it is a great idea to pass it back and forth between you and your Dad. You're not really giving it away and the piece will be even more special when it is complete because you both worked on it.

Cathy B said...

I'm pretty sure that the design that Joan used is from Goode Huswife -- it's called 18th Century Stitcher's Pinwheels.

Lovely exchanges both sent and received!

Margaret said...

Gorgeous stitching - both sent & received. You are one talented lady Hazel.

If you and your dad feel that you both stitch alike this would be a wonderful opportunity to stitch something together. The finished piece will be your's won't it? That will be so special.

Sally said...

Both the ABC pieces are gorgeous Hazel. I do love the biscornu you sent.

I think it's a lovely idea to pass the piece onto your Dad. You're not really giving it away and what a special piece it will be.

Tracy Dixon said...

What a lovely biscornu. I think you doing the right thing with your UFO get your dad to send you progress pic's and hopefully once you see it growing you won't be so disheartened about giving it to him, hugs xx

Cindy F. said...

Love both exchanges! You both did beautiful work on them!
And wow! Your ufo is incredible!
I think sharing the work with your dad will make it extra special to you when it is complete.

Olga said...

Very pretty exchange pieces.
Your UFO piece is so pretty, you've done really a great job on it. If I were you, would continue stitching it little by little myself and thanked your father for offered help. Why? Because the manner of stitching can be different which can be seen in the picture later.
You can choose something else ( not from fine arts) for Family RR.
Good luck,
Olga

Kajsa said...

Your biscornu turnded out beautiful!

Stitching with your dad on your huge UFO sounds like a great idea!